FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Repurposed Mirror into a Message Board

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Repurposed Mirror into a Message Board

Awhile back I found this mirror at a garage sale with these other items.Wasn't sure what I was going to do with it, but for only $1, I would find something.
Eclectic Red Barn: Garage sale finds incuding a mirror
 How about a message board?

Great idea since it was just the right size to put in my kitchen.
Eclectic Red Barn: Repurposed mirror into message board
The picture was nice but had suffered water damage. The mirror was in good shape, may find another place for it.
Eclectic Red Barn: Mirror with picture at the top
I took the picture and mirror out, which was easy to do, leaving me with the frame.
The first thing I did  was to paint it one coat of CeCe Caldwell's Vintage White chalk paint. 

Next I needed to distress it. I thought I had a picture of it painted, but doesn't seem to be. You can see the paint job in the top half that I created as a cork board.
I used a piece of luan for the top so I could put push pins in it. I covered the luan with a piece of fabric left over from some drapes.
Eclectic Red Barn:Repurposed bottom of mirror into a chalk board
For the bottom part, I used another piece of luan and painted it with three coats of green chalk paint that I purchased on clearance. 
Here it is hanging in my kitchen at the other house. The walls are pale green and it looks great. 


Linking to these parties:
What did you makeFluster's #CreativeMuster Linky Party 6831 Days to Slash Your Budget Painlesslythursday favorite things blog hopInspire Us Thursday Link PartyRooted In ThymeCreativity Unleashed link party!{nifty button}Too Much Time On My HandsThat DIY Party link party at diyshowoff.comSay G'Day Saturday Linky Party (84) - Tips for Taking Better iPhone pictures & a Blog Hop!The Dedicated HousePhotobucketABFOL One Project at a TimeIvy and Elephants

2 comments :

  1. Cute idea! Love how it turned out...thanks for sharing on the Thursday blog hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great transformation Beverly! I love chalkboards; they are so handy. Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great week!
    Blessings, Deborah

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...