FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Camp Lilies

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Camp Lilies

Many years ago, I saw these lilies at a golf course near our camp and wanted some for my garden here. So, with shovel in hand, I asked if I could dig some up
Eclectic Red Barn: Lilies at the camp
I have no idea what they are called, but they are blooming all over the camp. Actually, they are not at their peak - starting to fade.
They are interesting because in the spring the plant will produce lovely green leaves, similar to other lilies. Then the leaves die and the flowers shot up with these beautiful pink lilies.
Eclectic Red Barn: Lilies
All you have are these tall stems with lilies at the top and no leaves.
Eclectic Red Barn: Lilies
This particular bunch is in with lilies of the valley. Oh, how I miss bulbs. It has been so exciting to see the flowers up north. So different from down south. 

If anyone knows what these lilies are called, I would love to find out.
The post Camp Lilies first appeared on Eclectic Red Barn.

Linking to these parties:
 Thursday Favorite Things ButtonLove Bakes Good CakesCreativity Unleashed link party!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...