FFf Eclectic Red Barn: 30th Annual Mt Dora Craft Fair

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

30th Annual Mt Dora Craft Fair

This  past weekend we attended the 30th Annual Mt. Dora, FL Craft Fair. The weather was cool and the day was just right. "Throughout this historic community, the streets come alive with more than 400 talented crafters & artists from all over the country displaying and offering for sale their finest works to the more than 250,000 visitors who are expected to attend this two-day event."


We arrived around 10:00 in the morning, thinking we would beat the crowds. Not so. We had to walk about a mile to get to the center of town where the fair is held. They block off all the streets so the vendors and set up. The next thing I knew, we were wall to wall with people.   



I am always amazed at how talented people are. So many great ideas. I took a few pictures but it was hard to even get closer to some vendors.
 This guy had so many hand carved wooden pieces. This horse was one of my favorites.
These carved animals were so cute. 
I bought some of the homemade laundry soap. What a cute couple they were.
This dust finger was cute. 
I love this next shop. The lady makes handmade hats. No two hats are exactly the same. It was so sunny that I had a hard time with pictures. Not to mention the crowds.
My husband bought me one. I love hats, but they always seem to make my head sweat and then itch. This one was different. At times, I actually forgot I was wearing it.  
They even had this human snow cone maker. This little boy decided to do it. You walk on the inside and it turns a handle that turns a crank and grinds the ice. At the end, you get a snow cone. Clever idea.

I bought a few things and a couple of Christmas gifts. After awhile, the crowds got just too large to even see the products. Time to go home. If you live in the area, check it out for next year. There is also a Spring Craft and Antiques Fair and in February is the Art Fair.


The post 30th Annual MT Dora Craft Fair first appeared on Eclectic Red Barn.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...