FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Plumeria Blooms

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Plumeria Blooms

When you are under the weather, there is nothing like some sunshine to cheer you up. I have been fighting this bronchitis for over a week and frankly I am tired of feeling bad and coughing. The coughing is the worst part. Yuck!

Although the sun has been shining, it is these lovely plumeria blooms that are brightening up my day. I grew this plant from a cutting and now it is blooming. I am so excited. 
Plumeria blooms
Such beautiful and fragrant flowers. It seems that each day, new blossoms appear in the cluster. They usually bloom from April to November and then the leaves all drop and it looks almost dead. It will be dormant until next year. 
Plumeria Flowers

Mine is growing in a pot, but you can also grow it as a tree in the ground. These lovely flowers are used to make Hawaiian Leis. They are easy to grow from a stalk of the plant. I want to try growing some from seed now that I have seeds.
Plumeria
I am not sure if I am going to plant it in the ground or just leave it in the pot. It seems to be doing great there, so I will leave it for now and just enjoy it.
Plumeria Clusters
My little ray of sunshine. How can I not feel better seeing these lovelies.
Yellow Plumeria Flowers
Maybe it will brighten up your day too!


The post Plumeria Blooms first appeared on Eclectic Red Barn.

Linking to these parties:
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...