FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Easy Bubbly Chicken Parmesan

Monday, May 2, 2016

Easy Bubbly Chicken Parmesan

Do you love Italian?  I think my husband could eat Italian every night. He travels to Italy often for work and gets his fill there, but sometimes I just have to make one of his favorite dishes - Chicken Parmesan.

Eclectic Red Barn: Easy Chicken Parmesan


I know that there are many versions of this recipe, so why mine? I am hoping that my version with a little less sauce and slightly crunchy chicken will entice you to try it. 
 The recipe goes together quickly and makes a great meal. Add pasta and a salad and dinner is ready!

Eclectic Red Barn: Easy Chicken Parmesan with Spaghetti

The cheese on top was the best part. My friend from Italy brought me a 3 pound block of Parmigiano Reggiano a couple of months ago.
Eclectic Red Barn: Parmesan Reggiano Cheese fro Italy


OMG, I can't begin to tell you how incredible the taste was compared to some of the ones you buy here in the U.S.   I couldn't use it all so I shredded  it and put it in the freezer.  

So when I made the Chicken Parmesan,  I used a little mozzarella and a lot of the Parmigiano ReggianoWow, is all I can say.

It was the best Chicken Parmesan I have ever made. My husband was in heaven. I know, you don't have any Parmigiano Reggiano from Italy. Not to worry just use a good Parmesan cheese and your dish will be great
 

Recipe                                                                         Print

Chicken Parmesan


chicken parmesan in pan.JPG

Ingredients:

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

Chicken Breasts Boneless Skinless

salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

2 eggs

4 cups panko bread crumbs

1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, or more if needed

1 cup olive oil for frying

1/2 cup prepared tomato sauce

1/4 cup fresh mozzarella, cut into small cubes

1/2 cup grated Parmesan Reggiano cheese (or more)

1 tablespoon olive oil

Directions:

  1. Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
  2. Place chicken breasts between two sheets of waxed paper and pound chicken to a thickness of 1/2-inch.
  3. Beat eggs in a shallow bowl and set aside.
  4. Mix bread crumbs and 1/2 cup Parmesan in a separate bowl, set aside.
  5. Add salt and pepper to flour on plate or pan.
  6. Dip chicken into flour mixture, coating each side.
  7. Dip flour coated chicken breast in beaten eggs. Transfer chicken to breadcrumb mixture, pressing the crumbs into both sides. Repeat for each breast. Set aside breaded chicken breasts for about 15 minutes.
  8. Heat 1 cup olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat until it begins to shimmer. Cook chicken until golden, about 2 minutes on each side. The chicken will finish cooking in the oven.
  9. Place chicken in a baking dish and top each breast with about ⅓ - ½ cup of tomato sauce. Layer each chicken breast with equal amounts of mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and fresh basil (if you want).
  10. Sprinkle additional Parmesan cheese on top and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
  11. Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is browned and bubbly.





 Linking to these parties:

 photo ThisMommasMeanderingMondays_zps5366bef9.jpgProject Inspired 150x150 Party ButtonMake it Pretty Post ButtonThe Creative CornerMy Show and Share Partybloggers, blog hop, linkup, link partyTalk of the Town Link Party with Knick of Time, My Salvaged Treasures, Beyond the Picket Fence, My Repurposed Life, Holy Craft, Love My Simple Home, and Sadie Seasongoods - Knick of Time.netwow-me_thumb1_thumb1Classical Homemakingpoular blogger thursday favorite things link partyA Bouquet of Talent Linky Party ButtonShowTell-1024x3321-1024x332The-Creative-Exchange-Link-Partyblog party, linkup

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...