FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Memories of an Old Tractor

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Memories of an Old Tractor

When I think of country living, I think of farms and tractors. What comes to your mind? I grew up on a farm and we had a John Deer tractor similar to the one below. 

My Dad use to give us rides on it when we were little and as we got older, we were taught how to drive it. We thought it was the best thing to do and use to beg our Dad to let us drive the tractor.

Eclectic Red Barn: Vintage John Deer Tractor

This old tractor has been preserved and sits in the front yard of my neighbor's yard. They don't live in the country or on a farm, but have about 2 acres of land. You can see their horse barn in the background. Can you believe that we live about 15 minutes from Ft. Lauderdale? Maybe not what you expected. 

Next to this John Deer is an old Ford tractor.
Eclectic Red Barn: Vintage Ford Tractor
Both tractors are well preserved for their age. You can see the sidewalk in front of their house where we ride our golf cart.


Eclectic Red Barn: Vintage John Deer and Ford Tractor
I love seeing these tractors since they remind me of when I was young. I know they still run, since he moves them around to cut grass and then puts them back. What fun!

Do you have any farm, tractor or country memories? Did you ever get to drive a tractor?



The post Memories of and Old Tractor first appeared on Eclectic Red Barn.

Linking to these parties:
Talk of the Town link party buttonClassical HomemakingWIW_LogoThriving on ThursdaysLinky Party Logowow-me_thumb1_thumb1WW Hostess CollageGreat Ideas are found at the Creative Muster Party! Join us and other talented bloggers for some fun, food and inspiration!Embracing Change This Is How We Roll Thursday ButtonCreativity Unleashed link party every Thursday at 7pm ET!Grab button for TORNADOUGH ALLI
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...